Saturday, March 10, 2012

trying to color my hair what an adventure!

Well I have been coloring my hair black for 2 years now (naturally med brown) and I decided to go red for a change. Well I tried to color my hair and the roots came out red but rest of hair black. So I tried again and same results. so I did research and found out that I had to strip the original color (the black) to get the lighter color to show up. Well I did the color stripping and then had to immediatly do the new color because when stripping the old color it wont take you back to your natural color. well after putting goop on my hair two times and sitting around I finally got red hair but the roots are much more red the the rest of the hair go figure. this is the final result

2 comments:

  1. love your hair color - what a patient person you are to go thru all that to get to the red. But I like it alot. Judi in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie I had a similar problem with colouring my hair. I am a brunette and I wanted a red tinge on top with layers and blonde underneath. The trouble was when going back to one colour the hairdresser had to do something to the blonde as it had been bleached so many times. She did tell me at the time that black and blonde are the worst two colours to change out of. However, I love the colour you now have.

    ReplyDelete